Saturday, January 9, 2010

BP4_2010011_RSSFeeds

Google Reader is a great way to stay on top of the professional blogs that I follow. I have a few of them set to send me email updates, but that tends to fill up my inbox fairly quickly. With Google Reader, I no longer worry about being able to read the new blog posts when it is convenient for me. Google Reader has helped me to navigate through the maze of information provided by the blogs that I subscribe to.
810931.png
(Image of a maze I created using SCRATCH)

The blogs that I choose to follow are: ISTE, Tech&Learning, Edutopia, DEN National Blog and DEN TX Blog each because of the value they provide me in integrating technology into the classroom environment. It allows me to collaborate my ideas with others while not in a central working location.
**ISTE is the International Society for Technology in Education and focuses on improving learning and the effective uses of technology for the field of education. ISTE is the guide for the NETS (technology standards). By following the RSS feed, I am able to stay more up to date on changes.
**Tech&Learning is a digital magazine that provides information on new technologies as they relate to education, information on issues surrounding technology and education and suggested websites and products for education use. The blog site allows me to receive information on a more regular basis than the digital magazine resource that I receive monthly.
**Edutopia is the George Lucas Educational Foundation which provides great resources on what works in public education and ideas for implementing these resources. Various members of the organization have blogs that provide up-to-date information regarding technology in schools.
**DEN National is the national blog site for the Discovery Educator Network. I have been an active member of the DEN since beginning my career in education. DEN provides many useful tips and tricks for using technology in the classroom.
**DEN TX is the state site for DEN members in the state of TX. As a member of the leadership council for the state, I follow this site to ensure that important information regarding state-wide and local events is posted for our DEN members.

Need more information on becoming a DEN member, just ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment