Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bugs...Oh My!

 
Have you met Harry the grasshopper? Oh, well maybe Harry is a walking stick. Either way, Harry is a bug. I am not real strong in bug knowledge (obviously), but know that many kids love them and are curious about them. I stumbled upon a neat resource to assist educators in teaching about bugs or to help a student do research based on their own curiosity. Visit Harry's Big Adventure to find out about making "the world of insects come to life for your students." The educator center provides curriculum and lesson plan resources, as well as a place to request a visit from a bug expert. The site also includes a Bugopedia and games for students to learn more about bugs on their own.

For the record, I did a little learning of my own on this site and learned that Harry is a Chinese Praying Mantis. Check out the Meet Harry and His Friends section to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment