Friday, February 17, 2012

Future of Online Learning

My Mac became unhappy yesterday and I decided to do a much needed back up. How does that relate to the title for today's post? I watched some videos that I had created in the past and one in particular made me think...again. The video below was created in September 2010 after I had completed my Web Instructor Certification (Texas) course and was in the process of working on my master's degree. I took a class that focused on various types of digital learning platforms and the difference between them all. I remember that what I gathered from both experiences was that no matter what the digital learning environment (platform) was, it was still about what was best for the students utilizing the platform (whether child, young adult or adult learner). As a virtual instructor, the planning of your class must include an evaluation of your audience/students and how you can best deliver the assignments, information and resources to meet their needs. In that evaluation, comes the need to find a user friendly platform to create these items in. I encourage you to watch the video below about my vision of the future of online learning and evaluate your own views to find the most appropriate learning platform. My preference from past experience with several online learning platforms is Learning.com, hence the recent changes in my life/career path.

http://youtu.be/nlRolKDKP_g (opens in YouTube)

No comments:

Post a Comment